If you know of an animal you feel is being abused, do the right thing and notify the correct authorities. All pets deserve to be in a loving home, a home that is thankful to have them.
If you have noticed any of the following (on a repeat basis), or have seen someone harm an animal intentionally, you know what is the right thing to do in your heart.
Signs of animal abuse:
- Injuries that are not being cared for
- Patches of missing hair
- Tick and/or flea infestations
- Dogs left alone without food and waterDogs chained in a yard for long extended periods of time
- Dogs left (or even kept) outside during extreme weather conditions (with no shelter)
- Extremely thin, possibly even starving
- Dogs who always cower (are fearful)
- Dogs who act aggressively when approached by their owners